Sunday, May 15

West Fork Bith Path - Hidden LA Gem

I'm going to come right out and say it... I went on the best bike ride I have ever been on this past weekend.



The West Fork Bike Path combines everything one could love about the mountains, hiking, rivers, waterfalls & puts them on a bicycle path through the canyons outside Azusa, California.



After a winding drive up Hwy 39, past two resivors, you will find yourself deep in the what I believe is call the San Gabriel Canyon. A ranger station meets you as you pass the second resivor & visitors must purchase a $5 day pass or opt for the risk of towing or ticketing.



The path begins at a bridge crossing & follows the river for 8 mile w/ a class 1 path. Slowly taking the rider past several small waterfalls, many people 'catch & release' fishing, along with a few families splashing around in the water.



The whole experience left me with a need for more adventure. Another ride will soon be taken through the canyon... who's coming next time?

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I appologize this is tbe wtong photo.

Unknown said...

I appologize this is tbe wtong photo.